Sunday, August 22, 2010

We have a winner!

     As you all know, the blog contest closed on Friday.  I've spent the weekend thinking about all your entries, and you guys came up with some good stuff.

     Props to my mom, who was the first to respond; her title suggestion was Pages Turned.  Thank you to computersherpa, who suggested  A Better Fate Than Wisdom, something straight from my favorite poet, e.e. cummings.  I'd also like to high-five Adam, who was brave enough to suggest [my name here] Proposes a Toast, which is a C.S. Lewis reference.  I call it brave because I really... don't like Lewis.

     Unfortunately I can't give the prize to all of you fine people,  so I must choose one.  That one is Mr. Jonathan Scott Wyllys, who said:

"This is Jonathan Scott Wyllys, what is the prize?! How about, Cracked Spine. Get it, books, spines? Eh? Eh? Plus it sounds totally hardcore." 

     Hardcore indeed, Jonny!  Which is why I'm calling my blog Cracking Spines, based on your excellent entry.  Please enjoy your Borders giftcard, which you will receive soon!  If you are so inclined, please let us know which books you treat yourself to.  Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment